NV200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys please please please can somebody help me..
I'm looking for a way to lower my NV200 camper but avoiding the very costly air ride system!! I've tried numerous avenues but keep coming to dead ends on my quest.
BC racing do the coilover sets but do not include the shackles and adjustable mounts needed!! So frustrating man..
Can someone help?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why would you want to lower it and how much lower do you want it? Shorter tires would be the simplest way to go. Or break out the sawzall and cut the roof off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys please please please can somebody help me..
I'm looking for a way to lower my NV200 camper but avoiding the very costly air ride system!! I've tried numerous avenues but keep coming to dead ends on my quest.
BC racing do the coilover sets but do not include the shackles and adjustable mounts needed!! So frustrating man..
Can someone help?
Hi.........it's your van and if you want to lower it, do so. Fitting 'shorter' tyres won't achieve anything except mess your gearing up. Fitting lower profile tyres on a large diameter rim will alter the look but keeping to the manufacturer's stock wheel diameter, you'll still get the sam amount of gap in the wheel arches. I have read somewhere on the vast interweb that one owner had their rear springs modified which resulted in her Van being lower. There's also one Van running lower as they repositioned the spindles on the rear 'axle'. (accuracy is a must on that one ;-) )If I can find the pics on-line of that particular mod, I'll post them on here for you (and anyone else into modding their Van)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi.........it's your van and if you want to lower it, do so. Fitting 'shorter' tyres won't achieve anything except mess your gearing up. Fitting lower profile tyres on a large diameter rim will alter the look but keeping to the manufacturer's stock wheel diameter, you'll still get the sam amount of gap in the wheel arches. I have read somewhere on the vast interweb that one owner had their rear springs modified which resulted in her Van being lower. There's also one Van running lower as they repositioned the spindles on the rear 'axle'. (accuracy is a must on that one ;-) )If I can find the pics on-line of that particular mod, I'll post them on here for you (and anyone else into modding their Van)

Edited to add; under my nose all the time; Lowering my NV200 scroll down until you reach the pic fo the modified rear 'axle'

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is my van right now
View attachment 3505
You're welcome :) Nice colour and a good looking Van you have; mine's plain white with black bumpers but gradually getting away from the 'builder's Van' look!! I like the look of your seats as well. I used to be into Custom Vans many years ago, Rods as well and basically anything's possible if you have the know-how or know someone who can customise vehicles. Good luck with your build :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts