NV200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, just joined the forums. Just bought the 2020 SV in July, Up to 15k miles already! Pretty happy with the van so far.
Winter is rapidly approaching and as a courier driving all day I'm gonna get a new set of wheels and tires. But I'm facing information overload. Could I get some help selecting new wheels and tires for winter?
I'm ok with going with a different size wheel if it helps me get a better tire, but I don't wanna put extra stress on the transmission or engine. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
101 Posts
We already have had snow since the weekend ffs...There is already a thread about people using different tire sizes. On our work vans we just run nexen winter tires in the stock size. They seem to wear on the outside like they're underinflated even though they aren't.
I've always preferred a narrow tire in the winter, especially in wet slush. They seem to cut through it better rather than push into it and hydroplane. Everyone is gonna have a different opinion. I argue with my boss who thinks wider tires are better cause you have more rubber to grip on ice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We already have had snow since the weekend ffs...There is already a thread about people using different tire sizes. On our work vans we just run nexen winter tires in the stock size. They seem to wear on the outside like they're underinflated even though they aren't.
I've always preferred a narrow tire in the winter, especially in wet slush. They seem to cut through it better rather than push into it and hydroplane. Everyone is gonna have a different opinion. I argue with my boss who thinks wider tires are better cause you have more rubber to grip on ice.
Except rubber doesn't grip ice !! - I can see both sides of the argument. A narrower profile will exert more force into the road surface though, so you're probably right..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, Just installed Nokian Hakkapelita Tires 205/55 R16 fit great, no issues with power. Only thing is the Speedo is a bit out, easy to compensate for. Way better than the factory junk .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts