NV200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, Glad to be here! I have had my NV200 van for year now and really like it but now starting to have some problems which I am trying to get to the bottom of. I have a 2011 1.5 cc and have been getting intermittent engine (red) lights for a while but now permanently on. It feels like the van is in limp mode, won't accelerate very gfast and has difficulty going over 60mph.

I tested with a basic code reader and coming up with 0235 / 2263 / and 0045 so with my basid understanding of code reading it could be something to do with the Turbo

I would be very grateful for any comments before I get charged an arm and a leg to fix.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think someone on the NV200 owners facebook page mentioned the turbo boost solenoid being route to many such problems - would be worth looking back at the history on that page for guidance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news for me. Thanks for your reply as I think you have assisted me greatly. I have changed the turbo boost solenoid and it has sorted the problems touchwood. The part is an easy change and the part number is Lucas 1495600Q0H . I had to go for an ebay part as difficult to find from a parts company. Situated at left front of engine under the air intake..it pulls off quite easily juts make sure two pipes are put back correctly.
IMG_3874.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG
IMG_3876.JPG

Another issue....when I took the air intake off I found this pipe hanging there and it looks like it has come off something. The photos show where it could sit if it was just a 'breather' pipe but does anyone know what it is? Any thoughts welcome...

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi
Glad that sorted your problem. Don't worry about that 'redundant' pipe - it's a breather for something - the clip should locate in a hole probably on the air breather hose somewhere (looks like there's a suitable hole on your 3rd pic that the hose clip seems to be pointing at) - in fact just spotted in your pic 2 that is it located where it should be - mine's locating lug is broken off so the pipe is just dangled over the nearest wire.
However....Can you send me a pick of that solenoid valve location - mine is just attached by its wire and two pipes and is wedged between the battery and what I think is glow-plug relay (near the battery +ve terminal) but its rubber mount slot suggest it should be locating on a lug somewhere else.....????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is taken from front of engine with the air intake taken off. It’s the little grey circle in middle of pic. It sits on a metal clip that the part just pushes onto. Two pipes one smaller than other connect from bottom left . Hope this helps !

AC59B2A0-1CF0-42B2-B51B-18C6229040F5.jpeg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks it does and doesn't help ;) it shows me where it goes and I can twist it to 'locate' there and the pipes are sat nicely under no stress, but it also shows me the bracket that it slots onto is missing on mine, so back wedged where it was it'll have to go. Thanks tho (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts