NV200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the story behind discontinuing the entire NV line in the United States? Is it world wide? The NV 200 is the best product in its class and sells itself here in the U.S.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know the story behind discontinuing the entire NV line in the United States? Is it world wide? The NV 200 is the best product in its class and sells itself here in the U.S.
Here in the UK they only make the e-NV200, manufactures are slowly phasing out diesel engines.

·
Registered
75 Posts
From my perspective in Canada, the City Express and NV200 vans were a complete failure.
That's why they just didn't sell very many and are giving up on them.

Our company foolishly had about 20 of them and dumped them all after about 2 years. I hope the idiot who made the decision to go with them was fired.

Horrifically underpowered, the weak CVT trans, the van is too small, poor handling when loaded, the small tires, small brakes.

The guys hated to drive them, extremely poor fuel economy when loaded, too small of a fuel tank and poor driveability when loaded.

I don't recall and can't think of anything good about them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From my perspective in Canada, the City Express and NV200 vans were a complete failure.

Our company foolishly had about 20 of them and dumped them all after about 2 years. I hope the idiot who made the decision to go with them was fired.

Horrifically underpowered, the weak CVT trans, the van is too small, poor handling when loaded, the small tires, small brakes.

The guys hated to drive them, extremely poor fuel economy when loaded, too small of a fuel tank and poor driveability when loaded.

About the fuel economy...what MPG were you seeing? I am looking for a small cargo van to convert to an RV [very simple conversion], and after driving the Ford Transit Connect and the NV200, it seems like the NV200 may be my better choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts

My experience has been the complete opposite. I've had my 2013 for seven years. I have the van loaded to near weight capacity. I did change the tires to Continental after about 6K miles, and it handles great, has more than enough power, and gets almost 25mpg around town, fully loaded. Zero problems since I bought it. Load in/out height is great, and cargo access is excellent.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2021 NV200 that I bought a little over a month ago. I do 99% of my driving on city streets. I am getting about 23.2MPG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BTW, last week I got a price quote of $24,100 out-the-door from a nearby dealer for a new 2021 NV200 S, I called back this week to take the deal - he said things have changed and now the price is $25,518. So price went up $1,400 in a few days. The car market is a mess now, prices are peaking - but if I wait, it could just get worst. I hate spending more for a van, especially since I am not totally happy about it [no adjustable steering column, small wheels, smaller cargo area than Transit & Promaster]. I just can find the van that I want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts