NV200 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
This forum rarely gets used.
I just looked at a 2017 that I have in the shop. It looks like the pressure switch is located on the bottom rh side of the condenser right(passenger side) where the high pressure line bolts to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I have a problem with the AC staying running (compressor) and now not coming on. System is charged and I replaced the AC relay.so if I can get to the high pressure switch I am going to bypass it to see if that solves the problem.

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
I think these only have one pressure switch for the high and low. I don't speak much ac and usually just fumble my way through getting it to work(on other vehicles). I haven't had problems with these vans yet. Other than the hot/cold selector binding up.

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
Thank you! I have a problem with the AC staying running (compressor) and now not coming on. System is charged and I replaced the AC relay.so if I can get to the high pressure switch I am going to bypass it to see if that solves the problem.
How did you make out with your van? I had one come in the shop last week with non-working ac. The clutch isn't kicking in at all. I unplugged the pressure switch and blindly jumped the 2 outer pins(don't do that) then the engine wouldn't start end the check engine light appeared and wouldn't go out on it's own. It threw a bunch of tps codes. I haven't tried powering up the clutch itself yet to see if it'll even engage. I can't seem to be able to apply it with my scan tool though I can see if it's commanded on or off.

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
Well, I finally checked for power and ground at the ac clutch connector. I have power and ground with the ac button on, turn button off and no more power. I just used a test light and didn't check for 12volts though. I assume the clutch is fubared. I'll check voltage with my crappy multimeter(if it'll work properly today) then if voltage is correct(I assume 12v) then I'll try to run power and ground to verify clutch doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
Update on this one:
Van was a 2018 with over 400,000kms. Ac wouldn't cool. I verified that clutch wasn't kicking in. I tried powering up clutch manually right at the compressor and nothing happened. So I figure it needs a clutch at a minimum. Work ordered me up a compressor, condenser and expansion valve. Ordered all the parts from the big US online parts place cause parts up here are too expensive or hard to come by(I work for an auto parts distributor btw...).

I finally got everything replaced last week and had to wait til yesterday to get our ac guy to come to recharge the system.
It works better than ever now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts