NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am getting intermittent alarm going off at odd times and would like to get hold of a wiring diagram for the alarm and any suggestions as to how to trace the fault.

The battery is in good condition.
I removed the bonnet sensor in case that was shorting somehow, and still goes off intermittently.
It happens weather lashing with rain, sunny and fine, and when there is no wind.
I don't have a fly in the cab.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not an answer to your question, but...I'd bet its still the internal sensors operating as "normal" - I've experienced the same when it has been raining hard.
A simple thing to determine if they're the issue is to cover each of the pillar sensors with Blu Tack, and see if it still happens (or follow the ignition/button procedure to disable them, but then you have to do that every time you leave the van).

We use our NV200 as a campervan, and I've often wondered about putting in a switch to disable the sensors, as that would give the option to have them in "camping" and "everything else" mode without faffing about with covering them/"soft" disabling them with the ignition/button process. Don't know if that's as simple as having the switch make/break the connections to the sensors though, so I'd be interested in seeing an alarm wiring diagram too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts