NV200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting up a new business and I'm looking at the new NV200. I have a few Ford Transits used in the area but Ive heard bad things about them. Is there any known problems with these vans yet? My dealer is offering a life time unlimited time/unlimited miles warranty on the drive train.

·
Administrator
140 Posts
Well they know what Im using the van for and they keep saying it will be covered.
Phil is right...read the fine print on that specific warranty. Don't take the dealer's word unless it's in writing.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Mmm known faults let me think. I have a few things to add here, not really faults just annoyances that I gathered in various places before I ordered mine.

• people moan about the location and shape of the electric window switch (it attacks some peoples knee while driving!) it hasn't bothered me.
  • when driving on a gusty/windy day the van is pushed around a bit, I have experienced this I assume its due to the lightness and the gap between wheel and wheel arch.
  • lower front bumper has no protection grill for radiator, I fell for this one and has a 10mm stone puncture my rad. *not warranty, due to accident damage*
  • 58 mpg is not realistic (real world seems much lower) but that's the general consensus of all new cars and vans.
Overall its a sweet little van with generous capacity, my friends call it the tardis due to what it can hold!

My trade friends who all drive VW transporters (£20-25k plus) love the NV and are shocked to find out how cheap they are.

Just my 2 pence worth.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Just thought of another, my business is on the road and the Bluetooth was next to useless. If my customers cannot hear me while I am driving leads to many problems.

After 2 new microphones and a new head unit at Nissan main dealer Nissan UK agreed to pay towards a new parrot kit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My minor annoyances:
- faulty brake light switch (this leads to ABS and anti slip disabling, both warning light come on). Dealer replaced it, but I adjusted it myself afterwards (5 minute job).
- windshield washer freezing (I know, I know, it's -20C here in the winter, but still). Here's the faulty part:

All in all, pretty happy with it. I do close to 1000kms/week, so I'll post any reliability issues if they come up.

Phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just thought of another, my business is on the road and the Bluetooth was next to useless. If my customers cannot hear me while I am driving leads to many problems.

After 2 new microphones and a new head unit at Nissan main dealer Nissan UK agreed to pay towards a new parrot kit.
@Mudflap:

Is the Parrot bluetooth kit any good/improvement ?
What model did you install ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was trying to find a 2013 model close without factory navi. I wanna run the new Pioneer appradio 3.0. But for the price with navi Ill just take it out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Most of the vans are available without the Navi unit. Even if you find one with it, that unit will fit all sorts of Nissan vehicles. eBay or Craigslist will help you cash out!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice sounds like a good plan. Only thing I dont like about the NV200 is that I cant tow with it. I may go look at the 2014 long wheel base transit tomorrow.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's the problem with the NV200. It really is a great 2nd vehicle. My Sprinter van serves towing detail when needed. Had the NV200 been my only van, I would have looked elsewhere for towing capability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea thats the only thing holding me back. Im a small appliance repair company and from time to time Ill need to go get stuff from Lowes to install for people.

·
Registered
25 Posts
More details on the airbag recall:

Road Safety Recalls Database

Transport Canada Recall # 2014093

Recall Date 2014/03/25 Notification Type Safety Mfr System Airbag Manufacturer Recall Number
Units Affected
60,022 Category Car, Light Truck & Van, SUV Recall Details On certain vehicles, the front passenger seat occupant classification system software may incorrectly classify the passenger seat as empty, when it is occupied by an adult. If this occurs, the passenger airbag would be deactivated without the illumination of the airbag warning lamp. Failure of the passenger airbag to deploy during a crash (where deployment is warranted) could increase the risk of injury to the seat occupant. Correction: Dealers will reprogram the occupant classification system. MakeModelModel Year(s) Affected INFINITI JX35 2013 INFINITI Q50 2014 INFINITI QX60 2014 NISSAN ALTIMA 2013 2014 NISSAN LEAF 2013 2014 NISSAN NV200 2013 NISSAN PATHFINDER 2013 2014 NISSAN SENTRA 2013 2014

Date Modified: 2013-07-11

Phil

1 - 20 of 72 Posts