NV200 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer says they can't replace the key fob because the vehicle is imported, and they don't sell them into Australia. Any suggestions on how to get around this issue?

Nissan NV200 LIFECARE (Factory fitted wheelchair ramp and attachments)
05/2011

Regards

·
Registered
17 Posts
Local dealer says they can't replace the key fob because the vehicle is imported, and they don't sell them into Australia. Any suggestions on how to get around this issue?

Nissan NV200 LIFECARE (Factory fitted wheelchair ramp and attachments)
05/2011

Regards
I purchased two from amazon for aprox $25 USD . they work as well as the original. they need to be programmed but if they dealer won't do it , a locksmith should be able to .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to check around because I'm being told by the dealer that they don't have the software to program the keys because they don't sell NV200 models in Australia. Maybe locksmith do have the software. NISSAN Australia were no help.
Thank you for your email.
As the vehicle is imported, our local Nissan Dealerships do not have access to the part details that are required to order replacements.
In order to locate this, the best way would be to contact a local importing company, or the company responsible for importing your particular vehicle and they may be able to track one down.
Alternatively to this, wreckers or second hand part companies may be your best bet.
It seems to me they are saying the key can't be ordered into Australia with no comment on the programming. Probably just order one from ebay as has been suggested and take the key in to a locksmith with positive thoughts.(y)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Google auto locksmith they will charge about $120. Half what dealer charge (even if they r willing to do one).

I'd do a nice flip key like done for my van

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check to see what type of programming you need done. I bought a couple of fobs off Ebay for a different Nissan model and programmed them using a youtube video. They both work great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
NV200 fob must be done with a scan tool. Whatever year!!

Only older vehicle fobs remotes were ever really possible by programming yourself off youtube - or people would be stealing cars!
Exception being some old Toyota's from the 90s/early 2000s.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Proper scan tool required for NV200 and majority of modern vehicles - where-ever in the world.
Or I'd be out of a job!!

Older cars/models are different to an NV200- modern vehicle with integrated remote and transponder.
Even your US Mirage would be more complicated now - everything is!

·
Registered
27 Posts
OMG mate i do auto-locksmithing for a living - and your talking crap
We are on NV200 forum and even otherwise your missing the point every car now needs a scan tool to program a key..

T*w*a*t award goes to you.... for offering rubbish advice in 1st place

·
Registered
200 Posts
Steve, have you been to Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat Farm? It appears to be only about 62.5 miles from you. What is t+w+a+t advice? Is it a hair regrowth formula for?
:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steve, have you been to Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat Farm? It appears to be only about 62.5 miles from Trowbridge :)
As said you just offered T*w*a*t advice but not big enough to admit. Just F'off forum mate you don't add anything.

Using my profile picture just confirms you've lost the argument -

·
Registered
3 Posts
NV200 fob must be done with a scan tool. Whatever year!!

Only older vehicle fobs remotes were ever really possible by programming yourself off youtube - or people would be stealing cars!
Exception being some old Toyota's from the 90s/early 2000s.
I bought a 2021 NV200 SV and I have successfully programmed several key fobs using the youtube video.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts