NV200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased my first NV200 Combi. It's a great van but I have a concerning problem.

If the key fob unlock button presses up against coins in my pocket, my van (standing outside the house) is unlocked without me knowing.

Is there any way to disable the fob buttons and just use the physical key to central lock/unlock the van please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ignore last post (admin person is just trying to sell ???)

Simple way to disable fob buttons ....Open key up and remove it's battery!!!
But you may have alarm go off everytime you open car door, till you switch ignition on.

Else contact local auto-locksmith and get a non-remote fob. I did 2 for local dealership £75

Know my NV200 has alarm fitting maybe Cobra aftermarket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

But you may have alarm go off everytime you open car door, till you switch ignition on.

Else contact local auto-locksmith and get a non-remote fob. I did 2 for local dealership £75

Thanks for that - I will try my local auto key dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Yes, but maybe it is good or bad advice. I just give him a suggestion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd suggest not carrying keys around. I took the wife's sorento to work last winter and got asked half way through the day what I was driving. The **** hatch was open....I park on the street at work and there's always a bunch of bums pushing shopping carts to the nearby bottle depot. I'm just glad there wasn't one sleeping in there lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts