NV200 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have a panel van which I bought on Sunday, that needs some minor work. I could not find manuals anywhere - I naively thought I could just buy a Haynes book. Nope.

There are many many scammy websites out there for manuals, verging from suspect to hilariously crooked.

I have found a good one though - easymanuals.co.uk. Cost me £15 to get all the very detailed workshop stuff, 140MB zipped up. All engines, and I assume all trims although I haven’t checked this properly (my van is basic). I’m not gonna just send it to anyone as the website has been very helpful - I had to request a re-issue of the data as it was missing the K9K supplement. If anyone has a specific question though I will be happy to look in my manuals and help you out, assuming it’s not “how do I swap the engine” lol.

pete

·
Registered
NV200 2021
5 Posts
Hi everyone

I have a panel van which I bought on Sunday, that needs some minor work. I could not find manuals anywhere - I naively thought I could just buy a Haynes book. Nope.

There are many many scammy websites out there for manuals, verging from suspect to hilariously crooked.

I have found a good one though - easymanuals.co.uk. Cost me £15 to get all the very detailed workshop stuff, 140MB zipped up. All engines, and I assume all trims although I haven’t checked this properly (my van is basic). I’m not gonna just send it to anyone as the website has been very helpful - I had to request a re-issue of the data as it was missing the K9K supplement. If anyone has a specific question though I will be happy to look in my manuals and help you out, assuming it’s not “how do I swap the engine” lol.

pete
Thank you very much for the link! It worked for me too, $23CAN for a real Nissan workshop manual is simply wonderful!!!

Louis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the link! It worked for me too, $23CAN for a real Nissan workshop manual is simply wonderful!!!

Louis
Ah that’s good Louis glad I could help someone. I think I’ve put this post in the wrong section of the forum but maybe a mod can help. Regardless hopefully it starts showing up on google so people don’t have to spend hours vetting dodgy websites like I did hahaha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone

pete
I'll second the value of easymanuals.co.uk. Really cheap price for incredibly comprehensive material. Incidentally I had exactly the same problem with the missing K9K information. Kevin at easymanuals resent the zip file package and advised that the standard windows unzip app often doesn't unpack the files correctly. He advised that I use 7-zip to unpack and it solved the problem, so now I have over 4000 pages of information! Great customer support and I'm happy to recommend. If you encounter the same problem you can get 7-zip at Download

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll second the value of easymanuals.co.uk. Really cheap price for incredibly comprehensive material. Incidentally I had exactly the same problem with the missing K9K information. Kevin at easymanuals resent the zip file package and advised that the standard windows unzip app often doesn't unpack the files correctly. He advised that I use 7-zip to unpack and it solved the problem, so now I have over 4000 pages of information! Great customer support and I'm happy to recommend. If you encounter the same problem you can get 7-zip at Download
Did you find this post through google? I hope so. I don’t really contribute much to forums and such (I’m the one who needs advice 99% of the time lol) but I put this up to try and help people avoid scumbag websites and get good information at a fair price

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you find this post through google? I hope so. I don’t really contribute much to forums and such (I’m the one who needs advice 99% of the time lol) but I put this up to try and help people avoid scumbag websites and get good information at a fair price
I've just bought an NV200 'builder's van' that I'm going to tackle as my introduction to campervan conversions. The van runs but I've a full set of engine management lights on so am scouring the internet for information. I joined this forum in the hope that it might provide a shortcut to advice. Like you I'm also new to participating in forums and am wondering how active this one actually is. I came across your post during a browse of the forum and having just bought the manuals wanted to add to your comment on the quality of service. My feeling is that I'll try to add something to the forum and explore what's already in there before asking any questions. I've regularly complained about the Haynes manuals being too basic and lacking detail for previous cars that I've had but have to admit that I feel a bit naked without one for the NV200 just at the moment. The downloaded manuals contain vast amounts of information but do take a bit of navigating. I've been wondering if the engine section of the Nissan Juke Haynes manual might be useful, or whether I'd just be criticising it all over again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just bought an NV200 'builder's van' that I'm going to tackle as my introduction to campervan conversions. The van runs but I've a full set of engine management lights on so am scouring the internet for information. I joined this forum in the hope that it might provide a shortcut to advice. Like you I'm also new to participating in forums and am wondering how active this one actually is. I came across your post during a browse of the forum and having just bought the manuals wanted to add to your comment on the quality of service. My feeling is that I'll try to add something to the forum and explore what's already in there before asking any questions. I've regularly complained about the Haynes manuals being too basic and lacking detail for previous cars that I've had but have to admit that I feel a bit naked without one for the NV200 just at the moment. The downloaded manuals contain vast amounts of information but do take a bit of navigating. I've been wondering if the engine section of the Nissan Juke Haynes manual might be useful, or whether I'd just be criticising it all over again.
Hello mate

yeah I when I couldn’t finda Haynes manual a mate told me not to worry - apparently they’re not great anyway. I’ve never owned one, thisis the first vehicle I’ve had which it is my responsibility to fix so I’ve never needed one. This forum is not that active but there is a lot of help here if you look.

agreed on the workshop manual being hard to navigate, I’ve had to do multiple searches to find stuff. I repaired my blower motor recently and the manual was excellent for trouble shooting the issue.

mid also suggest you buy an OBD2 reader if you don’t have one - you won’t get far without being able to read your codes. I bought one for £30 then another for about £100, as the first one could not read my airbag light code.

good luck, my engine light came on which is apparently clogged DPF, I’ll be looking into this later…

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello mate

yeah I when I couldn’t finda Haynes manual a mate told me not to worry - apparently they’re not great anyway. I’ve never owned one, thisis the first vehicle I’ve had which it is my responsibility to fix so I’ve never needed one. This forum is not that active but there is a lot of help here if you look.

agreed on the workshop manual being hard to navigate, I’ve had to do multiple searches to find stuff. I repaired my blower motor recently and the manual was excellent for trouble shooting the issue.

mid also suggest you buy an OBD2 reader if you don’t have one - you won’t get far without being able to read your codes. I bought one for £30 then another for about £100, as the first one could not read my airbag light code.

good luck, my engine light came on which is apparently clogged DPF, I’ll be looking into this later…
Hi, re OBD readers, I wasn't sure which to go for but plumped for the NS V1.0 from iCarsoft. The engine runs rough and it gives me a code that indicated there's a problem with the injectors. I've read up a few posts that have given me some pointers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts