NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just fitted a new head unit and have been trying to remove front door panel to fit new speakers. I have loosened the whole panel but i cant get the window winder off ( not electric windows ). HELP Please.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you manage to do this? I would also like to change the speakers in the front (and possibly wire up the back) but have no clue how to do so. This would be helpful info of anyone knows

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if guys got this handled or not but normally there is a little clip that holds them on, there is a special tool to remove them.

There is a trick with a shop towel where you basically "floss" between the door skin and the back of the handle. Get the towel down between the two and work it back and forth while working your way around the handle, hoping to catch the clip just right.

It's difficult to explain well, there may be a youtube video of it...like this one:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed a pair of JBL GTO638 speakers with a custom a 3D printed adaptor so that I don't have to drill new holes in the door. I uploaded this model here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2111519

Basically you can just hire somebody on 3D Hubs to print you a pair of these to install. Works fine. The speaker is a major improvement over factory speakers.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts