NV200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Definitive Answer to bluetooth diagnostics?
Not yet but hoping this will be useful to others. I've searched the forum and not found the conclusion ...yet.
So, bought a couple of bluetooth OBD11 adapters a few years ago. Connected via various downloaded app's without too much success (Using A Samsung Note 4 - Android V6.x)
Tried them on a Citroen C4, which sort-of worked but never became a trustworthy tool
Since my 62 plate van continued to run without fault for the next three years, it went off my radar.
I wondered if things have improved? I've noticed a few different models of adapter on ebay so wondered if you guys have found an adapter and app that actually works reliably?

Since there are scanner on ebay for £10 to £20 maybe that's more reliable option. What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
lols £20 won't get you anywhere. Better to pay a garage £20 and let them use a £2000+ tool

Cheap tools just cover OBD engine diagnostics - ok for basics and a bit of fun. But money does talk and the more you spend will yeld better results even a cheap OBD reader.

trustworthy and cheap - that's funny

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree. I've seen cheapo obd II readers or dongles actually trigger abs and ecm codes lol. I read a thread on a Mitsubishi forum about a guy complaining about how his car was dangerous and acting up at the worst possible times. Dealer couldn't figure it out. After numerous atempts at helping the guy I finally got an answer that he did have some garbage obd II wifi hotspot thing in the car that was likely causing all these problems. It took some coaxing but he eventually unplugged it and was never to be heard from again lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts