NV200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi! New member from Parkersburg, WV. U.S.A. The company I work for has had these NV200s for a little over a year, and I thought I'd join so I could learn a little more about them. Ours are lease vehicles. We've already been through the tire thing. Lasted about 15k.

What are you guys now doing for tires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I'm Isaac from New Zealand. I've just bought a 2010 NV200 with the view of making it into a cool little camper. For me the biggest drawback with other campers in NZ is that they are mostly old and thirsty! So hopefully this new baby will be economical and reliable!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Meet Squirt!

Hey, I'm Steve from Alexandria, VA and I am one of the newest members of the NV200 owner's club. I've named mine Squirt. I got him so I can haul my motorcycle to track events (hopefully some races next season.)

I wasn't sure if I wanted this or a pickup truck. I used to haul my bike around in a Ford E250. Since I only have one 4-wheel vehicle, that E250 (VANce) got a whopping 14 MPG whether it was loaded to the gills or if I was running errands. It had to go. I replaced it with a Mazda6 wagon which I hooked a trailer to. But I cannot store a trailer where I live so I had to make several extra trips every time I went to the track. Now, I've got amazing mileage (over 30 MPG average in my first 1,500 miles!) and the ability to haul my bike. I also took it camping this past weekend and had to sleep in it because the temps dropped below freezing. I will say that it is not very well insulated, but along with a portable heater that we plugged in at the campsite and several layers of clothes, we were fine.

Sadly, I did not realize there was no tow rating on this vehicle until after the purchase. I'm hoping that it could still pull ~2000 pounds or so....although I may wait until the warranty expires to hook up a small pop-up trailer to it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4RZysXxgJ1FaURnalFVc1k0VXc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4RZysXxgJ1FZzlQaXdvUlh3WGs

·
Registered
39 Posts
You are out of the US with a diesel I assume? I've gotten as high as 26.5 mpg's on my US gas engine but no way it would hit 30+ unless it was all downhill :).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi from the Highlands of Scotland

Looking to buy a nv200 van for a diy convert project, so will be looking for loads of advise, more so for the UK.

Cheers the noo,

B.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi from Derbyshire England
I have bought a second hand nv200 on a 12 plate. i plan to use the van for my everyday vehicle and not for work. i have always had a van with being a tradesman but now travel to the same place of work so no more company vans for me. tried a car for 12 months but missed a van too much. currently insulating and carpeting etc with a final aim to install 2 single seats in the back for my kids.
i have replied to a few posts but missed the introduction section
will post a few pics as i compete bits of work
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm Mike from Seaside, OR. Have had my 2015 NV200 SV for about 11 months now, daily driver with 18000 on it. Still longing for a better looking wheel/tire combination. Upgraded the horns, put in some coat hooks and a ceiling bar with hooks for a bike or fishing poles. Would also like to find someone to cover the seats with leather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from NE Scotland

Hi there,
Just picking up my first NV next week and thought I would give this forum a go to help me along the path of ownership.
I'm going to be using the van for everyday transport and for carrying my scuba gear and taking the dogs wherever/whenever the wife wants.
I'm going to be insulating, paneling and carpeting it to make it more comfortable and am looking for some nice matt black alloys to smarten it up if I can find a suitable set.
Any advice is welcome.

Regards
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys just waiting my new nv200 van! moving from a renault trafic van to nv200,
just hope im making a good jump to a smaller van because of price for an new affordable van, dont like buging second hand cause i aint got a good record of picking well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. Im Jin, im from Texas. I am part of a team running a floral wholesale warehouse and am doing research on possible new delivery vehicles. Heard good things about the NV line.
Thanks everyone.

Jin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I'm Amy here from Manchester. Just bought a 2011 Nissan NV200 to drive daily and turn into a camper van. I've never driven a van before and I'm loving it, although no rear view mirror takes some getting used to.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Amy & Vanny McVanface

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

My name is Conor and I am looking into getting a nv200 as a "Toy hauler" and camper. I am a surf bum in california and I believe owning one of these machines would help me further reinforce the stereotype that I already am. Has anyone had any luck in getting a diesel 5 speed into the US? I would buy one tomorrow if this is a possibility.

·
Registered
47 Posts
6 month review

Hey everyone here is the 6 month review on the 2015 NV200
It has 25,242 , there has been no problems so far with the Van I get 34.5 MPG
I have the following info hope all this stuff helps
Changed oil, rotated and balanced the tires every 4,000
used the Wal-mart synthetic 5-30 oil and a Bosch 3300 oil filter
at a cost of about 23.00 each time.
I changed the trans fluid at 15,000 , my pan holds 3.5 qts. ( don't over fill the trans) it uses NV-3 Fl. only you get this from Nissan only and only use their fl. in the trans . I paid 20.00 per Qt.
I had some hesitation at 25,000 miles so I changed the spark plugs I used the Denzo # 3439 plug it is the OEM plug used... what a difference. I had a bad plug No. 2, I could tell this by the way the Intake port on the head looked when I took the platum off . The plugs were 13.00 each and the job took about 90 min.
At the next service I will replace the serpentine belt with Good Year Gator back. Hope all this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone. Just bought 61 plate (uk) NV200 combi. Have taken seats out (for sale if anyone's interested) to fit dog cages to transport the hounds around in. Seriously thinking of adapting to a day camper too 😬👍 loving it atm. Already lined floor with thick rubber matting and fitted wind deflectors too. Looks very stylish at a good price

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner in Quebec Canada

Hi everyone!
New owner of 2015 NV200 with 19000km on. Super happy with the purchase. Had this old dream of camper conversion since 2007 when I sold my VW T4. This new ride will serve as an all around worker / hauler for off grid projects in the woods, and as a basic camper for various trips around US/Canada.
Mostly happy, except when I discovered that thing about tps *"disabling" useful in dash display, and the defective climate control button (defrost/feet/face) broke in defrost position(could be worst, Quebec being winter country afterall..).
It's a pleasure to read posts on the forum. Thank you all for your inputs! Wishing you lots of great adventures! ;-)

Antoine aka Ant01ne

* Thanks to you I quickly understood the issue of "hard to find" tires and tps. Got extra weelset as a bonus (cool), obviously without tps, and the load index for those winter rubbers is not so bad so might keep it that way for winter (hankook Ipike XL something like 92 or 93 index)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am Ollie from Hampshire UK. We recently moved house and the main compromise was that as our existing van a Citroen Relay used as a camper was just to big for the driveway we needed a smaller replacement. We did a review of the vans available and the NV200 seemed the logical choice, so part exchanged our van for a 65reg NV200 van with only 9k on the clock. Really like the Nissan, will be keeping it stock for now but intend to convert to a camper in the future once we get the house sorted, In the meantime enjoying the forum and all the info contained therein.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to NV200 Forum

New to the forum, just purchased a 2015 NV200 and planning on converting to a camper van. I decided to purchase after my 1993 Eurovan broke down for the last time! Was looking for a more reliable a vehicle to fill its place. Looking forward to learning more on this forum!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shaun

Hi im Shaun i live in Somerset UK i have owned my NV200 7seater for near a year now and thing its about time to start changing things on it to the way i would like it.

Hope to put the things i do on here for you guys to have a look at
Cheers

21 - 40 of 56 Posts