NV200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all
New '15 NV200 Gasonline Cargo owner member here just purchased last December. I'm from the US.

So far no complaints got a little business on the side and my car was getting a little bit on the full side. Great MPG and everything.
One thing I've noticed living in the Southern US, you hardly see any of the NV Models on the road! I'm just now learning they're used widely in other countries, but I feel they are indeed becoming more popular in the US. I've ever been seeing more and more of the NV2500's as well, if I'm thinking of the right model.

I've had just some small issues with mine, although I purchased it used, the dealer was kind enough to fix. And I am just now learning that I may have future issues to come hah.

I think mine came with the Nissan Altima rims? They're 17 in. diameter, 215/50R17. When I go in for my next tire change, which will probably be soonish, I'll have them look at everything (Already driven almost 11k miles in barely 2 months). I'm just now learning that the odo/mileage may have to be adjusted, but I did notice my speedometer after just a few hours of driving that initial day, it was as if I felt as I was traveling faster than the speedometer was reading (feels about 5 mph over, so if my speedo says I am going 55 mph, I am indeed traveling at closer to 60 mph). That's not a huge issue for me as I hardly speed, and since I noticed it, can adjust, but this may just be because I am used to driving very low low cars my entire life as well. My main concern however is the odometer reading. I have always been exact in oil intervals, and other services done, and I will feel better knowing that the miles traveled on the odo is the miles I have indeed traveled. Even if it's off by a small percentage, it won't really affect me too much since I never go over in change intervals, but I would very much so like everything to be exact if not close to it.

And after some research I'm seeing it is not too too difficult to calibrate the speedometer, which I believe will also calibrate the odometer as well (don't quote me but I think that's how it is with most digital odometers). So if it is something my tire shop can check for me I'll definitely prefer a professional having a go at it, rather than me with my limited knowledge haha.

But yes besides the above, the vehicle has been great! I very much do prefer the 17' rims over the steel 15' ones. I believe the 17s are aluminum which I believe can take less weight, not sure the exact differences, but I believe it was just less by a hair. The tires look sleeker, and I can definitely feel the difference driving on a bit of a wider, yet lighter tire. What do you guys think? Also not planning to have too too much weight in the back so I am not really fearful of a blowout, I believe the better handling is a good trade-off.

Also didn't know it came in a diesel model, as soon as diesel is available in the US will most likely make that change when it is time for a newer model :). I love my NV so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have 17's it's not stock. Your miles may be a little off. I'm curious.......I guess everything else works OK? ABS, TPMS? Fit OK? Have a picture?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rob of Bristol in the UK. My Nv200 is my work vehicle. I’m an electrician and the size is just right for what I need to carry.
My van is Black 110hp and the ntec version with cruise control and Satnav, I waited until this vehicle came up for sale, second hand, then got the train to the other side of the country to grab it before anyone else did. Apparently I was the first of many phone calls to the dealer - I don’t think he realized what he had for sale!
It has had a cough and splutter since I bought it a year ago so I’m going to get to the bottom of it as I deserve to have all 110 horsepower at my foot and not fear cutting out when overtaking!
I racked the back out to carrying my tools and spares and had dead locks fitted to the rear doors and fitted a full steel bulkhead for security.
If I didn’t have the metallic black colour I’d have searched for the dark metallic grey which is a nice colour.
Nice to be on the forum, I like the fact that a lot of people do camper conversions and that there are some great professional conversions. One is enough for me though.
Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rob of Bristol in the UK. My Nv200 is my work vehicle. I’m an electrician and the size is just right for what I need to carry.

It has had a cough and splutter since I bought it a year ago so I’m going to get to the bottom of it as I deserve to have all 110 horsepower at my foot and not fear cutting out when overtaking!
I racked the back out to carrying my tools and spares and had dead locks fitted to the rear doors and fitted a full steel bulkhead for security.

Cheers.
Hi Rob
I bought one in 2018. A 62 plate with 140,000 hard but FSH miles on the clock. A bit rough but everything works and it's ace in the suburbs apart from the small wheels
WHAT IS THIS OVERTAKING YOU REFER TO?
I do wonder if mine needs looking at as top speed is 72MPH with a light load!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speedo..... not a huge issue for me as I hardly speed, and since I noticed it, can adjust, but this may just be because I am used to driving very low low cars my entire life as well. My main concern however is the odometer reading. I have always been exact in oil intervals, and other services done, and I will feel better knowing that the miles traveled on the odo is the miles I have indeed traveled. Even if it's off by a small percentage, it won't really affect me too much since I never go over in change intervals, but I would very much so like everything to be exact if not close to it.

And after some research I'm seeing it is not too too difficult to calibrate the speedometer, which I believe will also calibrate the odometer as well (don't quote me but I think that's how it is with most digital odometers). So if it is something my tire shop can check for me I'll definitely prefer a professional having a go at it, rather than me with my limited knowledge haha.

Be interested how this goes as I might fit 15" wheels to my work van, jsut to iron out some of the pot holes in London roads and before I rattle mt expensive Megger Tester to death!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Using my NV200 for Sharpening Business

Hi all,Glad to join to share info and ask questions.My first question is -Has anyone installed an Inverter for 110 v electric ?Wondering if its a do it yourself project or not,and if the altenator can handle it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,Glad to join to share info and ask questions.My first question is -Has anyone installed an Inverter for 110 v electric ?Wondering if its a do it yourself project or not,and if the altenator can handle it.
I don't know where you are located. Many post here from the UK so this link wouldn't be worth a darn but you get the idea.

I might try one of these first.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/150W-DC-12V-To-AC-110V-Outlet-Vehicle-Power-Inverter-Transformer-Dual-USB-Port-Car-Adapter-Converter-Travel-Inverters/761420595?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101002867&adid=22222222227272531584&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=327852042902&wl4=pla-647786825404&wl5=9009345&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=129732323&wl11=online&wl12=761420595&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAiAhp_jBRAxEiwAXbniXY5S83P0yWyHfMQjAc_JvqblH-zGnd0hM6YdLx_btRCvIpp53XVgdxoClUoQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tommiez

I am Tommy. I live in Vancleave Mississippi. I bought a 2016 NV200 SV 2 weeks ago. Silver with 27000 miles. I love it. I have a ac-heating business and am going to use it as one of my service cans. I already put shelving and storage racks in it. Today I bought some 2011 Nissan Altima Rims. Alloys. They have a 45 degree offset already. are 16 inch. Now I am trying to decide the tires. I really want Michellin since they last so long. Anyhow. I figured I should join a forum since there is not much info about the vans. Hello All.:nerd:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Everyone. I am JM from San Diego. I bought a used 2013 NV200 SV with 60000 miles on the odometer. I converted the cargo area to be a mobile office and camper. I have added slide opening side windows on both the sliding doors. So far I have changed out the battery, alternator, and belt. I have been thoroughly enjoying the van. Looking forward to reading about what everybody else is doing with their vans.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So today I put on a set of 16 inch alloys off a 2011 Altima. The offset is 45.. exactly the same as the factor. They came with 215 60 R16 Tires. The van drives and looks great. I ordered a set of Michelin Tires for it from Sams Club. The load is only 91. which is 1300 (a little over 1300) pounds per tire. I hardly ever put more then 3-500 pounds in it so I will be fine. Anyhow.. The van weighs way less then my 1998 Chevrolet Astro Van that has somewhat the same tires, just a different size on it. Never worried for a minute about the load capacity of the Astro Van so I won't make a big deal out of this one. They are truck tires and made to run at 44 pounds. If I have to do away with the TPM then I will. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to locate the TPMS sensor and just unhook the module. I wonder what it would do.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a 2016 Nv200 SV 2 weeks ago.. I live in Vancleave Mississippi. starting to see more NV's daily. I love the van.. I put a set of 16 in alloys off a 2011 Altima and ordered some Michelin tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just tested a 3014 nv 200 today, with just 40000 on the clock, nice van, but I have a few questions if anyone is able to help me please,,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I work for Sussex Campervans, where we convert the NV200 into our popular compact CamperCar. We import the Japanese petrol-auto version of the NV200 as well as using the UK-spec diesel manual version. I'm in marketing, so I'm not one of our hands-on practical guys. One thing that baffles me on the Japanese version is that there are two little sockets in the cab... anyone know what they are for? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! Just picked up a blue 2014 NV200 with only 21,000 miles. Former catering delivery vehicle for a local Italian restaurant in a small desert town so it's in great shape for a 5 year old rig. This will be my primary vehicle and camper. Looking forward to chatting with you all. d

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
Am in the UK, I'm looking for a used combi to buy, which I'll use as a one man band electrician, and as a family car.
Really can't decide if its worth hunting for a 6 speed.
I'll be doing a reasonable amount of motorway driving, have also read allsorts about the 110 hp motor possibly being a bit more bother.
I'm wondering whats the best option, will a 90, sit at say 80 mph without sounding stressed? I'm quite happy to get one chipped, as I know from experience of other diesels, it can make a good improvement.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to NV200Forum! We like to get to know our new members a bit better. Tell us a bit about yourself, your driving history, and what made you look into the NV200!

Your NV200 Staff
Welcome to NV200Forum! We like to get to know our new members a bit better. Tell us a bit about yourself, your driving history, and what made you look into the NV200!

Your NV200 Staff
Good Mornin' (hope this is in the right place)
I bought a 2019 NV200 last year .
& with the help of my lady friend (& her sewing machine ) I bought the Tommy Bahama material she did the work..:)
Also TB cooler & 12v Flat screen TV DVD potty & propane shower etc.
& i bought & attached all the goodies on the outside .. 205 /70 /15's ,because this is commercial van the place I bought the tires from would not install them,had to go to mom& pop place down the street .
racks ladders etc. snorkel etc. CC-ya -=CC=-

Your NV200 Staff
Hey Guys,
I bought a 2019 NV200 new last year & tweaked it a "lil"
My lady friend (& her sewing machine) did the interior (I bought the Tommy Bahama material)
also added bed/couch 12v tv dvd TB cooler bar BBQ
IMG_20200326_144051.jpg
IMG_20200327_180444.jpg
IMG_20200322_115402.jpg
IMG_20200326_144051.jpg
IMG_20200327_180444.jpg
IMG_20200322_115402.jpg
etc.
outside wheel spacers 205/70/15 being commercial the place I bought the tires would not install them..another story..;)
LED lights racks ladders & awning Of and a snorkel...
CC-ya -=CC=-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. . .

I'm Steve-O from Surrey (UK) and happy to be here.

About six months ago i purchased 'Roxy' my 2012 NV200 1.5 dCi 89 SE Combi, and have to say i'm very, very pleased with her. She was a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle with Tailgate, 4 seats, ramp with gas struts and extra seat-belts etc. I'm removing the 'extras' and the 2 rear seats, putting in a plywood floor and 5mm thick 'Penny Coin' rubber matting.
My intention is load her with my camping gear and venture into parts of the UK i've not been,or not visited for many years and then either wild-camp or stealth-camp.

I hope it's OK to ask a question in my introduction. . .Has anyone had experience of adding a roof-box to an NV200?
I'd like buy off-the-shelf, maybe 320 - 400 litre capacity and not have to make modifications or drill extra holes if possible! Any advice or suggestions for something suitable would be most welcome.

Stay safe, be happy!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts