NV200 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the front passenger seat, so I can get more cargo space. I don't want to set off the airbags or create and issue with the insurance companies. I'm not going to have anyone else up front, but I don't want to disable the complete airbag/safety system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to remove the front passenger seat, so I can get more cargo space. I don't want to set off the airbags or create and issue with the insurance companies. I'm not going to have anyone else up front, but I don't want to disable the complete airbag/safety system.
Hi- removed mine last year. No biggie, once you have removed it you will have a blinking symbol on dashboard- get used to it. It doesn’t bother me in the least. Doesnt affect airbags usage. Not sure why you’re concerned about ins company policy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, there was a Facebook group that mentioned that it would disable all the airbags, and void the safety system overall. They said that if the insurance company found out, they would deny your claim. I wonder if I can go to the Nissan service center and ask them to disconnect the seat for me. Tell them that I require the seat to be removed for my "cargo" hauling requirements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, emailed and called Nissan support. They said that there is no way to remove the seat without messing up the airbags and airbag system. Also it would void any warranty

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I saw your message a few days ago. The notification didn't pop up in my inbox. I checked my messages after your previous post. You have been the most helpful. The Facebook groups have been all over the place and the service center freaked out of the mention of removing the seat...lol. You think they would just remove the seats if the customer requested it. (Customer service is dead). I'm just so paranoid that the van would blow up if I looked at the engine wrong. I'm more of a computer repair guy, but anything automotive is a new world to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I look forward to seeing your pictures. I had to check the VIN for recalls today. It's a 2017

1 - 14 of 14 Posts