NV200 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

does anybody know how to get rid of “check tire pressure”message on trip computer?
Google says reset TSMP with button below steering wheel but I didn’t find one.
I can’t even see me odometer now 🤯
thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hate TPMS on any vehicle and this is another reason why.
Nissan really failed on programming the TPMS system on these vans.

Here is a thread that has more info and how to display the odometer reading:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey guys,

does anybody know how to get rid of “check tire pressure”message on trip computer?
thanks View attachment 3528
If all your tire pressures are correct and all the tpms sensors are working correctly and programmed to the vehicle you shouldn't have that light. If you had a low tire you'll have to drive it a little to activate the sensor or use a tool to do it while the key is on.
Hey guys,

thanks View attachment 3528
I agree with the above. This is a stupid design, thanks again Nissan!\
Why did the light come on? Do you have the little orange low tire light on as well? If all is working correctly and the tires are all inflated properly as per the sticker on the door pillar then the lights should go out on their own once you start driving. If not you may have a dead sensor.

What did you do to it before the light came on? Have new tires or wheels installed by chance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for answers guys!

What did you do to it before the light came on? Have new tires or wheels installed by chance?
Yes, I recently had to install sparring wheel - of course the message came up, but then - few days later - I install old wheel back, expecting that message will be gone. Checked pressure, been driving for another week but the message and little wheel light still here

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for answers guys!

Yes, I recently had to install sparring wheel - of course the message came up, but then - few days later - I install old wheel back, expecting that message will be gone. Checked pressure, been driving for another week but the message and little wheel light still here

Read the thread I posted earlier again!

What are your cold tire pressures?

·
Registered
NV200 2021
5 Posts
Effectively, Nissan has forgot something on that...

I had problem numerous time in winter when temp differences are high... And sensors are programmed far too high...
They are programmed like if you were using truck fully loaded at all times... which is not the case most of the time...

If you buy that for plumbing buisinees, with racks, ladders and 2tons of copper, you haven't choose the right truck...
...and/or seller hasn't done his job...
It's reason why so much users are complaining about bad mileage and poor acceleration... It's only a 4 cylinder!

For me it's my second NV200 I got, I carry daily only light loads (electronics circuits) and I'm impressed by his low mealage and caring costs...
I bought first one in 2015 and all I got where a rear bearing, both mirrors and wiper arm changed, all under 5 years, bumper to bumper warranty.
Now I bought one of the last 2021, as we know that they stop distribution in North America this year...
...a very strange decision as they have 5 models in Europe and even an electric one!!!

But the silly thing with NV200 is that you can't use any other functions on you orange display as soon as you have this f...n 'check tire' message...
I definitively get rid of those... I discovered that when I bought new tires and wheels for winter without buying those ridiculousely expensive TPMS valves...
(and worse, if you buy it, you have to go to dealer to reprogram them each time you change from winter to summer tire as Nissan doesn't be able to remember 2 sets of TPMS)
When TPMS are not there or are not recognized, system only light the yellow warning light permanently, but you still have acces to all your others functions on the orange display...
I think I can manage myself my tire pressures... and I bought a little black round sticker to hide that annoyng warning in the cluster...
I know that some purist will say it's not safe... but we don't have those TPMS for more than 50 years and billions of people survived...

LT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I defeated the TPMS by removing the sensor valve stems and putting all four into a 4" ABS vessel I made up and put a tire valve on it so I can pump it up to 50 psi.
Now the computer thinks that all the tire pressures are good. That way I can run tires with a lower load capacity and at 32 psi.
I use Toyo Celsius "All Weather" 195/60 R15. Of course this reduced my load capacity, but I drive empty, or only with a light load most of the time.
TPMS is not required by law in Canada, only in the USA.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have heard of folks doing that same thing with other vehicles.
Another solution, perhaps better or worse, is to install all 4 TPMS sensors, valve stems included, in the spare tire.
Drill the steel spare wheel for the 3 additional valve stems with TPMS sensors.
Nothing additional to carry in the vehicle.

Of course on some vehicles this won't' work. They need to see the rotation of the TPMS sensor or something like that to fully work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i did with obd scanner like 20 time but it come back again as soon as car move, and the dashboard with " check tire pressure"
You could also disconnect TPMS module on the passenger side, located behind the glove box. Leave it disconnected to remove the message on your LCD display. The symbol will stay illuminated on the dash.

The module is a small black box with a white multi pin connector. Search for the module online if you are unsure of what it looks like.

You will need a T-20 star bit to remove the eight pancake screws securing the glove box assembly. You have to open the box to access the screws on top and the lower four are directly below under the dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts