NV200 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All, just bought an NV200 people carrier type. Love it but wanted to get another set of wheels for winter and summer driving. It has some budget tyres on 14inch rims currently.
175/70R14 is on the side wall of the tyre. Has anyone got some advice on going for R15 or even R16 rims and which vehicles might offer the same stud pattern and be compatible please.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, some other Nissans fit, volvo S40/v40 and some mitsubishi. crucially you need to look for 4x114.3 pcd. 15 16 and even 17 are common 'upgrades'

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great. I am not scouring the internet and found an excellent site that lists all models across a range of makes. Many of which I have never heard of. Any recommended combinations or rims and tyres? Would you recommend 15 or 16? Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great. I am not scouring the internet and found an excellent site that lists all models across a range of makes. Many of which I have never heard of. Any recommended combinations or rims and tyres? Would you recommend 15 or 16? Thank you.
Sorry, I am looking on Ebay- I wrote I am not. Watching some off a Mitsubishi Colt 114.3

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a set of volvo s40 15" alloys on 195/60s and find the ride more sure-footed, not that I had a problem with the 14s, it's just i needed 2 new tyres and got the alloys, with tyres, for less than 2 new 14" tyres, to try out - so far been happy (although just today I got a set of 16s locally that I couldn't pass up but not in a rush to get them on yet). Insurance company will need to know - mine just recorded the change but didn't charge anything, and said "if you put the standard back on let us know".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a set of volvo s40 15" alloys on 195/60s and find the ride more sure-footed, not that I had a problem with the 14s, it's just i needed 2 new tyres and got the alloys, with tyres, for less than 2 new 14" tyres, to try out - so far been happy (although just today I got a set of 16s locally that I couldn't pass up but not in a rush to get them on yet). Insurance company will need to know - mine just recorded the change but didn't charge anything, and said "if you put the standard back on let us know".
Going to pick up some momo 15 inch rims with 195/50 tyres on. They look great and have come off a Mitsubishi colt so should fit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cool. 195/50 15s will actually come up smaller diameter than the originals, so you'll find the speedo will read slightly higher, and revs slightly higher at given speeds so maybe slightly less economical.. Plus side it'll get off the mark quicker so may end up not thirstier for some journeys due to the extra oomph

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All done now! And really pleased with the result. Thanks for all the advice everyone. Momo Rims were a bargain £120 and the tyres set me back £212 - 185/65 R15

I am getting some winter tyres fitted in the original rims. All set.

I have also had the engine remapped - better economy so far.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts