NV200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the location of the seat belt alarm buzzer?
It is driving me crazy, so I need to give it the snip.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know where the alarm itself is (I assume it's the same alarm as for door open etc, so a good safety feature to have). If it's the 'sensor' in the seat that is broken (it thinks someone is in the passenger seat) you could always just unplug it under the seat. I didn't even know my passenger seat had a seat belt alarm until I saw the unconnected connector underneath - when I plugged it in it now works as it should - I expect the previous owner unplugged it because he used that seat to carry stuff on and didn't want it going off all the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know where the alarm itself is (I assume it's the same alarm as for door open etc, so a good safety feature to have). If it's the 'sensor' in the seat that is broken (it thinks someone is in the passenger seat) you could always just unplug it under the seat. I didn't even know my passenger seat had a seat belt alarm until I saw the unconnected connector underneath - when I plugged it in it now works as it should - I expect the previous owner unplugged it because he used that seat to carry stuff on and didn't want it going off all the time.
Thanks very much for that - I always wear a seat belt, but the alarm going off a few seconds after I pull away really annoys me, so I'll be checking for the connector under the seat and try unplugging it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's odd unplugging it would work that way....Usually the two wires going to the buckle(female part) have to connect on most other vehicles, even sxs'. Is positive ground over there too?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's not the connector for the seat belt, it's the connector for the passenger seat 'load sensing switch'.
Hi Pedro, did you get that - maybe I wasn't clear - it was the passenger seat load sensor connector you could try unplugging to see if it cures it....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well that makes even less sense. The vans we have here use 2 occupancy sensors for the passenger seat that are bolted to the seat track. Unplug them and the airbag light on the cluster comes on which usually means your airbags are disabled. You guys must have completely different vans overseas?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well that makes even less sense. The vans we have here use 2 occupancy sensors for the passenger seat that are bolted to the seat track. Unplug them and the airbag light on the cluster comes on which usually means your airbags are disabled. You guys must have completely different vans overseas?
Have you tried just unplugging one (the one for the 'load' sensor) - that was the only one I suggested unplugging, not the airbag plug too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks number896 and Fummins for the advice guys, it's appreciated.

Under the driver's seat I found 2 connectors (see photo below).
I found that the yellow one connects to the seat pressure pad and the white one (black and brown wires) connects to the seat belt catch.
After disconnecting the white connector, I no longer get the annoying warning chime when the seat belt is not fastened.
Peace at last!

Fummins - negative ground in UK.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's totally different from what we have here in the 2015-2018 nv200's. The occupancy sensor isn't in the cushion like on most cars, it has 2 goofy metal sensors bolted between the seat and the seat track. Each one has a plug going to it. It was a real pita to remove the passenger seats in these things and not trip the airbag light on the cluster. Had to use a resistor to bypass the airbag then had to remove the wiring harness from the seat, apply pressure to the sensors by bolting them together then stuffing the entire harness under the center console. Unplugging the sensor would be too easy lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, that seems like a lot of hassle to me - I'm all for keeping things simple myself.
The vehicle I sold before buying the NV200 was a 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero, which I had owned for 16 years - a great vehicle, but nothing lasts forever.
Changing from a simple to maintain vehicle, to a modern day vehicle (with more buzzers and bells that I need) was a bit of a culture shock - nothing seems simple.
I couldn't changer the clock when I first bought the van, so I had to find out how to do it - the answer was to use the radio tuning knobs in a certain combination!
Now I am trying to slow the engine idle speed (which was a quarter turn of a screw on the Mitsubishi) but I am still trying to work out how to do it on the NV200, with no adjustment screw being visible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts