NV200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Everyone I'm looking to put a protective flooring down in my nv200 combi and wondered if anyone know how the plastic side door treads are secured I know there's the pop out fasteners but it feels like there are extra fixings and I don't want to break anything.
Any help appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
190 Posts
In the van, there are 2x visible clips that pop up with a small screwdriver, and 10 push fit ones you just need to pull out. IIRC you may need to remove another bit of trim just above it to get it off.
No idea if combi is similar.
Good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get a large flat screw driver and pop those clips hold the door sill flat white you are prying up . it will let loose doing this on a warm day will also help
Good Luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you look under the van you can release some of the push clips with a pair of pliers.
The other clips are not accessible due to them being inside the sill void.
You will need a sturdy flat screwdriver to prise the trim up.
It is a B***ard of a job and you will be very lucky not to break any clips.
I know this from experience from when I fitted vinyl sill protection tape and wanted the tape to tuck in up the inside of the plastic trims, so water could not sit on the edge of the tape..
Good luck....

·
Registered
41 Posts
One of the most useful, and fortunately cheap, tools for doing this is a Five Piece Auto Trim and Molding Tool Set. I've used mine throughout the van for pulling panels and trim off and only broke a couple of clips. I believe mine came from Amazon, but they are available everywhere.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts