NV200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for the post but we've been having issues with our NV200 over the past week or so, every now and then the NO ESP light and traction control light comes on, then all of a sudden the speedo goes down and all of the lights on the attachment come on!

so far it hasn't affected the driving but when this happens and i indicate, it works on the outside but theres no mention of it on the dash, also the windscreen wipers stop responding so theyre either stuck on or off, but only when this happens!

It doesn't happen all the time and if we turn the van off and wait a minute or so it's gone when we turn it back on, all very odd. any help would be appreciated, ive taken it to two garages but theres to many readings to identify the fault, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for the post but we've been having issues with our NV200 over the past week or so, every now and then the NO ESP light and traction control light comes on, then all of a sudden the speedo goes down and all of the lights on the attachment come on!

so far it hasn't affected the driving but when this happens and i indicate, it works on the outside but theres no mention of it on the dash, also the windscreen wipers stop responding so theyre either stuck on or off, but only when this happens!

It doesn't happen all the time and if we turn the van off and wait a minute or so it's gone when we turn it back on, all very odd. any help would be appreciated, ive taken it to two garages but theres to many readings to identify the fault, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks,
i should mention this is a 2013 ntec model

·
Registered
284 Posts
By chance do you have anything plugged into the Obd port/scanner plug?
I have seen a very similar problem in some Chevy Sonics…
Loss of power steering, no speedometer, dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Restarting it would temporarily fix it. I traced it down to an obd2 plug in device we use at work to track fleet vehicles.
If that’s not it then I wouldn’t know where to start on these things. I have had one that required the entire engine harness be replaced cause of a random loss of throttle problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By chance do you have anything plugged into the Obd port/scanner plug?
I have seen a very similar problem in some Chevy Sonics…
Loss of power steering, no speedometer, dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Restarting it would temporarily fix it. I traced it down to an obd2 plug in device we use at work to track fleet vehicles.
If that’s not it then I wouldn’t know where to start on these things. I have had one that required the entire engine harness be replaced cause of a random loss of throttle problem.
Hey, no nothing in there unfortunately! The steering seems fine and it doesn't affect the driving at all (so far) it's just a light show on the dash, because it's not all of the time I'm inclined to think a loose connection but nothing actually cuts off. It's all very odd.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Gotcha. I guess you could have someone watch the cluster with the engine running and start wiggling the wiring harness around all over the place and hope it sets it off. Or if you're stuck by yourself just set your phone up and record the cluster and keep checking back to see if anything happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts