NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My van will start sometimes and other times it will not. Real weird. Engine light will start to blink sometimes and after it quits blinking it will start. Runs very well when it's starts. Could it be the starter? I had the battery cables off the battery for a day or so because I was cleaning them.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know if it was like mine. I had the trouble of the starter turning the engine, for a long time before it started, then it was fine. I cured this by fitting a non -return valve to the pipe from the tank to the filter. It cured it. The diesel had been leaking back into the tank, leaving the pipe empty, so it was taking a long time on the starter to fill the pipe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It doesn't sound like the starter. Sounds like the ECM or something else that controls the starter relay is not allowing current for some reason.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had this too for a year or so, but sometimes it wouldn't happen for months, then a couple of times a week. The only reliable way to get round it when it did happen was - turn engine on, doesn't start - turn off and remove key-- count 10 seconds -,press door lock button - count 10 seconds - press door unlock button - open drivers door - close door - put key in ignition and turn till the dash lights up etc - count 10 seconds - start engine. Since the battery died and I put a new one in last December I don't think it's happened since - talk about tempting fate........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts