NV200 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned the van for about three years and everything is fine but for an intermittent starting problem. Sometimes the van will not start immediately, but after three or four minutes it will. It always starts eventually but this problem always reappears. I have the van regularly serviced. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Explain what's actually happening when it doesn't start. Does the starter engage and crank the engine when trying to start, does it just click, does it do nothing? Is it a diesel or gas? Does it just take a lot more cranking than usual to get it running or what?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Explain what's actually happening when it doesn't start. Does the starter engage and crank the engine when trying to start, does it just click, does it do nothing? Is it a diesel or gas? Does it just take a lot more cranking than usual to get it running or what?
The starter motor turns over fine but the engine doesn’t start. It’s a dorsal van. It does eventually start.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can't help much, we never got nv200's with diesels over here. I'd check for codes if you can, check for any fuel leaks, loose hose clamps etc. Maybe someone who isn't a locksmith can chime in with some practical useful advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't help much, we never got nv200's with diesels over here. I'd check for codes if you can, check for any fuel leaks, loose hose clamps etc. Maybe someone who isn't a locksmith can chime in with some practical useful advice.
Ok, thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Explain what happens ie any flashing lights on dash?
Have you plugged in a scan tool? Try more than just OBD tool you may be best take to a garage.

Yeah I'm an auto-locksmith like prev post. Common for us guys to be called but most likely engine issue. If scan tool hasn't picked anything up then call old school mechanic ( after doing above check as fummins said).

Diesel engines use to be simple beasts but now not so. Still very happy with mine esp since E10 crap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your reply. Mechanics plugged it into the computer and there were faults indicated in the catalytic converter. Have had a new one fitted so now I'll wait and see if the intermittent fault has been solved. Sounds (and smells) better now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts