NV200 Forum banner

Steering lock

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  number896 
#1 ·
I seem to have the steering lock stuck on , drove to work fine . When I went to leave in the morning I put the key in the ignition to unlock steering lock and the key won't turn . Wiggled the steering wheel as usual , still won't unlock ?

#3 ·
I had a lot of drivers complain about the same thing. Most of the time the wheel gets locked because they hang onto the steering wheel when climbing in out locking it in place. I just took the pressure off the steering wheel and turned the key.
I also had a handful of Nv200's where the actual key wore out to the point where it just wouldn't work anymore. They usually quit working altogether in the cold.

#6 ·
Ironically it does not matter what vehicle you own; you grab the steering wheel as an assist to exit, when the key has been removed. It can easily lock the steering wheel. Many mfts have warnings to alert their customers about using the steering wheel as an assist handle to exit the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.