NV200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, y'all.

My wife has had a persistent problem with her 2015 NV200. The right-side (US "passenger" side) rolling cargo door was sticky, hard to roll open and shut. The dealership has made it somewhat better a few times through the years, but the problem always returned within a few weeks or months. Today it became much worse, and my wife asked me to look at it because the rear edge of the door clearly wasn't fully closed and she couldn't get the door to reopen so she could attempt slamming it. Note that this isn't a latch problem, but a door movement problem.

I was able to pull the outside door handle and simultaneously pull the back edge of the door outward to free the door. I had never looked at a van's rolling side door mechanism. Here's what I found and did.

There are three track/roller assemblies: top and bottom at the front edge of the door, and middle at the rear edge. The three tracks all curve toward the shut position. The rear/middle one curves sharply, while the top and bottom ones curve more gradually. Also, the rollers for the bottom and middle tracks each are on a sort of "carriage" that rotates as the door moves forward so that the rollers stay aligned with the curving track. I cleaned all three tracks and lubricated the rollers, which had almost no effect. I then lubricated the pivots for the two carriages, and it got markedly better. I cleaned/lubricated the pivots with the door in different positions and then opened and shut it about a dozen times to spread the lubricant around. The lubricant I used was WD-40 silicone spray, the only spray I had with an applicator straw.

This appears to be at least a temporary fix. I hope it's helpful for someone.

Al

·
Registered
249 Posts
These things have pretty janky sliding doors all around.

I found the same problem and fix as well. Lubing the rollers helps but hitting the hinged part of the brackets seemed to make the biggest difference in making the sliding doors open and close much easier. I have to do the rear door hinges as well and work them open and closed a few dozen times to stop help them work better as well.

Just wait til the outer handles get harder to use and you'll get to see what a crappy setup they are!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, y'all.

My wife has had a persistent problem with her 2015 NV200. The right-side (US "passenger" side) rolling cargo door was sticky, hard to roll open and shut. The dealership has made it somewhat better a few times through the years, but the problem always returned within a few weeks or months. Today it became much worse, and my wife asked me to look at it because the rear edge of the door clearly wasn't fully closed and she couldn't get the door to reopen so she could attempt slamming it. Note that this isn't a latch problem, but a door movement problem.

I was able to pull the outside door handle and simultaneously pull the back edge of the door outward to free the door. I had never looked at a van's rolling side door mechanism. Here's what I found and did.

There are three track/roller assemblies: top and bottom at the front edge of the door, and middle at the rear edge. The three tracks all curve toward the shut position. The rear/middle one curves sharply, while the top and bottom ones curve more gradually. Also, the rollers for the bottom and middle tracks each are on a sort of "carriage" that rotates as the door moves forward so that the rollers stay aligned with the curving track. I cleaned all three tracks and lubricated the rollers, which had almost no effect. I then lubricated the pivots for the two carriages, and it got markedly better. I cleaned/lubricated the pivots with the door in different positions and then opened and shut it about a dozen times to spread the lubricant around. The lubricant I used was WD-40 silicone spray, the only spray I had with an applicator straw.

This appears to be at least a temporary fix. I hope it's helpful for someone.

Al
thank you. this will be tomorrows fun activity. (in the rain no less but it needs to be done). both doors. but the passenger one seems always the worst. maybe because it gets dirtier on the outside edge of roads including softer dirt roads ? or maybe because the dog uses it more often.... thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to replace my middle sliding roller hinge as one of the existing rollers has disintegrated. My question is does anyone know how to remove the moulding at the rear lights end of the track so the old hinge can be slid out? Is it just a push fit or are there hidden screws holding it is place? Can find nothing to help on Youtube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts