NV200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with Sumo springs on the NV200 cargo? I am using a 2017 and it can be a jolty ride. Are there other ways to smooth out the ride?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sumo springs are more of an overload/helper spring to prevent riding on the bump stops aren't they? Unless you're ridding on the bump stops I don't think those would help the ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Sumo springs on the NV200 cargo? I am using a 2017 and it can be a jolty ride. Are there other ways to smooth out the ride?
I've had Sumo springs installed on my 2020 NV200 camper conversion for over a year and a half. They do smooth out the ride because the stock bumpers are pretty minimal (and mine was missing the passenger side one completely...). You don't actually ride on them, but as the rear end moves up and down, the Sumo springs limit the downward travel more gently than the stock ones did. And they took all of a half hour to install. Raise one side, block it on a jack stand, unscrew the stock bumper, screw in a Sumo spring, and return it to the ground. Repeat on the other side. No wrench was required. There are other after market bumpers available as well, probably as good as the Sumo ones, if they're more readily available where you are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sumo springs are more of an overload/helper spring to prevent riding on the bump stops aren't they? Unless you're ridding on the bump stops I don't think those would help the ride.
The Sumo Springs are at least twice as long as the stock bump stops. They actually lightly rest on the rear axle once installed. You will notice less lean as well as a better ride when you have a payload.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Sumo Springs are at least twice as long as the stock bump stops. They actually lightly rest on the rear axle once installed. You will notice less lean as well as a better ride when you have a payload.
[/QUOT
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts