NV200 Forum banner

Swivel seat plates

87K views 76 replies 22 participants last post by  Nickart108 
#1 ·
I have just taken receipt of a pair of Zooom swivel plates. Will let you know how I get on. Have to say that Thomas at Zooom has been a delight to deal with, the plates have arrived and I haven't even paid for them yet!

#62 ·
I fitted my swivel without sliding rails (couldn't find any in time). It was a surprisingly easy job. The seat is about 30mm higher and you have to open the door to turn it around. Used 8 x m8 bolts to attach to seat and 4 x m8 + 2 x m10 bolts to fit plate to seat box. The metal drilled surprisingly easy even with my cheap drill bits. I might fit sliding rails at a later date if I find any but I am quite happy with the way it is.

#65 ·
Well done but last night I made up a dummy frame same size as the R&R bed I am waiting on for delivery so as I can get ahead building the furniture. My R&R bed is in old imperial dims 40inches wide x 72 inches long to enable me to make the furniture a maximum of 400mm wide.

I found last night due to the rear door post near side I have to move the bed slightly forward and it would clash with the passenger seat if I did not have it on sliding rails. I need the 6 foot length hope you are lucky and don't.

B.

#66 ·
Hello.

I'm currently converting my combi to a day van with the plan of going full camper conversion after next year.
Can anyone tell me where I can get a seat swivel that will work with the centre console I've tried in vain to order the one from Zoom but after waiting 4 weeks for a reply to me email despite several reminders I've given up with him (darn brexit).
Thanks Guys and girls

#69 ·
Hello,

Stopping in.. I have definitely found some great information in these forums.. why do they all seem so dead? have people moved on to somewhere else? or just not a large following yet?

I am in the U.S. I have a 2017 NV200 SV and am scouring looking for options for swivel seats. All I am finding is UK solutions..

Does anyone know compatibility? Resources? I am aware that there are legal standards here regarding airbags (read in another thread).

I came across this today... anyone know anything about them?

https://motorhomes.en.alibaba.com/product/60659459893-805043855/DIY_swivel_seats_for_nv200_Cab.html

I asked if they knew if it would fit the U.S. Nissan NV200... hopefully they reply with the answers that my magical/wishful thinking wants.. and that they are true.

#70 ·
Hello dave22360,
I was in contact with Zooom this summer and had no problems with replies. Maybe your emails moved to their spam folder?
If you haven't found a workaround try "mail at zooom.biz" and replace ' at ' with @

Hello fluffyowl0
the zooom swivel seats were designed for seats with rails, so they're not included. I read that they found a way for NV200 vans without rails. Ask them with upper mail adress for a solution/offer.

Since Thomas (member Zooom) sold his company it could be that he doesn't read postings here anymore.

Yes, the centre console could be still used. But I removed it a) to rotate my DIY swivel seat (see below) and b) I love the new space for moving from front to back - and reverse - and for storing bags or other stuff.

Hello Frankbot,
I guess the basic research of NV200 modifications were discussed and solved some years ago so with Google newbies will find/copy/modify them. Some problems have never been solved (and reported)... :(

The Chinese swivel seat looks interersting but I don't believe that they are 'more' legal than T4 plates - which were at least crash tested and certicicates could be found in www. I'd not expect that the chinese ones are tested for anything.

Hello all,
I optimized the FASP T4 swivel seats so that driver seat is just a few mm higher and passenger seat is about 14mm. Main trick was to dismantle seat base and put lower part of the plate under/in the seat base. Drivers seat base is also modified at bottom to minimize height.
1st test https://youtu.be/hKq14JNO4MQ , finally finished https://youtu.be/DprjLVT1U98

»Horst

#71 ·
Its unfortunate that the Base of the newer models is different. Instead of using the box sort of base (that attached seat to floor) there are now four legs.

Has anyone looked into using the swivels are us, for the Larger NV's that have the four feet as a base for the nv200?

Frank

#75 ·
Its unfortunate that the Base of the newer models is different. Instead of using the box sort of base (that attached seat to floor) there are now four legs.

Has anyone looked into using the swivels are us, for the Larger NV's that have the four feet as a base for the nv200?

Frank
Hi frank, do you have any luck yet? I'm in Canada and want to add a swivel seat plate to the passenger side. My NV200 is 2015 SV, doesn't come with box base. Seat is attached directly on the floor

#72 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm about to fit a passenger side swivel seat to my NV200 however i have a fixed seat and am struggling to find sliding rails for a passenger seat.

Does anybody know if i could remove the sliders from a driver's seat and fix to the passenger seat?

Thanks!

#76 ·
Hi,Dohtodoh
I came across your post saying you installed the fasp swivel plate for you passenger seat without rails, and it worked no problem with opening the door? That's fine for us.
Can I ask which holes you used existing for the plate please? Front or rear? Just don't want to put it in then find it catches the door.
Which bolts did you use to secure in place? If I buy the bolt add on set from Jennings will they be right for the Nissan?
Thanks in advance
Heather