NV200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members,

I have a UK 2013 NV200 (63 plate) and I am trying to find the location of the blower motor resistor.

It is suppose to be in the UK drivers side footwell on the firewall bulkhead left of the clutch pedal which is near the Blower Motor itself, I know what the resister assembly looks like from investigation of parts on diagrams but it is NOT located there, bazaar.

Can some one who has a UK NV200 please tell where it may be locate???

There is only a You tube video of a LHD drive NV200 from US which shows the location on that LHD vehicle.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The blower motor resistor is located left side of the shifter console. Remove that panel that is on the drivers side and it’s inside that compartment.
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply and the videos you sent me. ( I am engineering graduate / technician Military)

My NV200 is a 2013 UK 1.5i diesel version which is RHD (not LHD) and I have removed all of the "footwell covers" to gain access and view around the "Heater Box" assembly / area.

There is NO "Blower Heater resister" unit located at LHD footwell (UK passenger side) of the "Blower Heater Box" assembly just the "white cabin filter" unit (which is totally different to the NV200 Youtube videos which a LHD USA model) and at the RHD footwell (UK drivers side) tucked-up behind and to the left of the "Blower Heater Box" assembly is the actual Blower Motor.

I have contacted Nissan vans Exeter UK to try to locate the "blower heater resister" for information purposes.

As I have done basic electrical checks and found that the "Blower Motor" is the actual fault (constant stopping probably due to carbon build-up inside and on the commutator or copper windings high resistance within the Motor).

So it appears that the "heater resister" is working fine (still no idea where it is located, lol) but I have to replace the "Blower Motor" ( It is 9 years old) so I will have to remove the clutch pedal and plate (3 bolts which is UK RHD drivers side) to get the dam blower motor out to replace it, oh hum!!!!

Many thanks Mike

Danny Callaghan

·
Registered
115 Posts
My (UK 2011) resistor is right up behind the plastics PASSENGER SIDE - kind of behind (to the right of) the 'glove-box. In fact, one of the screws were so hard to get at I drilled a 8mm hole in the glovebox (behind a factory sticker) in line with the screw and put my screwdriver through from there - what an arse. In hindsight I should maybe have looked at how easy it is to remove the glovebox itself to get at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My (UK 2011) resistor is right up behind the plastics PASSENGER SIDE - kind of behind (to the right of) the 'glove-box. In fact, one of the screws were so hard to get at I drilled a 8mm hole in the glovebox (behind a factory sticker) in line with the screw and put my screwdriver through from there - what an arse. In hindsight I should maybe have looked at how easy it is to remove the glovebox itself to get at it.
Hiya, thank you for reply and information. I found out after testing fuses, motor switch on dash and electrical socket of the blower motor at the back of the whole heating unit, that the fault was the Blower Motor (9 years old). I have now replaced that Blower Motor using "onlinecarparts.co.uk" website . NOTE, I had to undo three 1/2inch nuts using a longneck socket and extension bar on to a wrench (they are NOT 13mm as what Nissan stated, just bollocks) on the "Clutch Pedal Backing Plate" (there is also a plastic cap to unclip half way down on the arm of the Clutch pedal itself) so you can remove the clutch pedal which enabled me to twist and slide out the Blower Motor and then fit new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya, thank you for reply and information. I found out after testing fuses, motor switch on dash and electrical socket of the blower motor at the back of the whole heating unit, that the fault was the Blower Motor (9 years old). I have now replaced that Blower Motor using "onlinecarparts.co.uk" website . NOTE, I had to undo three 1/2inch nuts using a longneck socket and extension bar on to a wrench (they are NOT 13mm as what Nissan stated, just bollocks) on the "Clutch Pedal Backing Plate" (there is also a plastic cap to unclip half way down on the arm of the Clutch pedal itself) so you can remove the clutch pedal which enabled me to twist and slide out the Blower Motor and then fit new one.
Hi there, sorry if i sound a little dense but my heater fan stopped working in my 2013 evalia RHD. like you I have scoured you tube but none are for a uk version. Did you have to remove all the center console and the clutch pedal to get to the motor? mine is all one moulded piece not like in the you tube videos which means the center box, tray, handbrake cover ect all have to come out first before i can take out the cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts