NV200 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The sensors also work on the premises that the pressure is pushing on a SERNSOR that is stationary in the rim and in position not laying down in the tire, this idea will not work..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the "check tire pressure" message up since I put my winter tires on the NV200 (aftermarket rims - no pressure sensor)...I stored the four OEM wheels with tires in the back (strapped down). The presence of the sensors on the stationary wheels does not transmit to the computer. So the idea of mounting four sensors on the spare will not work. I am at nissan now checking to see if there is a computer override (the yellow light will still show up).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Appears there is no override however they cleared the code and it has not come back...I expect it will after 100 km or so. Then I can just clear it when I like with my OBDII device...PITA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The dash plate comes off easily. Take a black Sharpie marker and go over the tpms icon. Wait 2 minutes and repeat. Then put the dash back together, Takes about 4 minutes!
JB

·
Registered
39 Posts
On my Canadian/ North American Chevy City Express/NV200 it does look like I can simply tape over the TPMS sensor warning lite.
There are no audio beeping and no other messages on the LCD display.
Maybe it is different in Canada. My US NV200 gets the yellow warning light plus the LCD info line is taken over by "Low Pressure Alert" or some such, you can no longer read the miles remaining or any other helpful info until you pump up the tires...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Surely there is a software work-around for this....or a way to thwart the signal receiver. There has to be a receiver somewhere attached to the cars computer. Anyone know where to get a schematic?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Appears there is no override however they cleared the code and it has not come back...I expect it will after 100 km or so. Then I can just clear it when I like with my OBDII device...PITA.
What device did you use to reset the code with? I see several TPMS reset units for sale online...I want to get the right one.....Thanks!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts