NV200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had transmission problems with their 2017 NV200? I turned 60,000 at the 3 year mark but at 58,000 I was told I needed to replace a broken transmission part. I have never ever had that part replaced in other vehicles nor have I had transmission problems with any other vehicle with more than twice the miles and I’m still making payments so I’m concerned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting. Same problem here. It seems to happen only when the transmission is "cold". After a few kilometers the problem seems to disappear (Located in Italy 2016 NV200 with 240000 Kilometers/150000 miles)

·
Registered
9 Posts
What part did they say was broken? I have a 2017 NV200 with about 53k miles on it. I have not had any transmission problems so far. Only thing the dealer service repair guy said was to make sure I did the fluid replacement at 60k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan CVT transmissions are definitely an issue. Just GOOGLE Nissan CVT transmission lawsuits and you will see there are big problems, but NISSAN wont do anything about it. I put a new transmission in my Rogue at 156K. My advice is to save a couple of hundred dollars each month so you will have the $2200 for the transmission, plus another $1500 in Labor.I guess it`s no secret why the company is in serious Financial trouble? Not to mention the CEO that stole Billions and they cannot seem to find him???

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've owned several NIssan models over the last decade personal and work, all with CVT. Never had a CVT issue with any of them. I would recommend changing the CVT fluid.
What specific part broke?

Like any car company they are in the midst of challenges (happens to ALL of them), however, like all automotive mft it just their turn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What part did they say was broken? I have a 2017 NV200 with about 53k miles on it. I have not had any transmission problems so far. Only thing the dealer service repair guy said was to make sure I did the fluid replacement at 60k miles.

The part the dealership said was broken were the hoses in the transmission which is really weird and then I found out later they put them in loose because not long after, the transmission fluid leaked out all over my driveway. My regular mechanic then checked the transmission and tightened the hoses and now everything seems ok, so frustrating because I like my van. Hopefully it’s under control now

·
Registered
49 Posts
What part exactly. Transmissions typically have more than one part to them and not every problem is gonna be the same in everyones van... I've seen a handful of jatco cvt failures, mostly caused by an input shaft bearing/thrust wash piling up then contaminating the entire transmission with metal chunks and shavings. The rouges and sentra's are notorious for having failure prone cvt's. A co-worker had one that needed a valvebody, it was out of warranty but Nissan covered it and ended up installing a new cvt in his. Said they extended the warranty in certain model years apparently.
I've only had one nv200 cvt problem, the van took a rock in the cooler behind the bumper. Driver kept on going til it quit moving then reved it til it was smoking. No warranty on that one, ordered a used one from car-part.com. I installed it along with a new cvt cooler and it's been good ever since, 227,000km on that van now. Highest original cvt nv200 in the fleet has 218,000km. Highest mileage cvt Mitsubishi has 370,000kms on it. It's in a 3cyl Mirage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts