NV200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a few vans around with side windows.

Has anyone had opening/sliding windows in the sliding doors? If so, any pics? Are they any good?

And where did you get them from and how much to get installed (typically).

I see VanPimps and Leisure Vehicles Direct sell them, but don't know the differences in quality or finish.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
side windows

Hello,
i am looking to NV200 since some years in my view from germany. Some nv200 in India had butterfly windows and some japan nv200 had slide windows.
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/T...g.com/dh/ap/default/120813/butterfly_open.jpg
In this time it was not possibe to get them from barcelona production. Then some cars sold in spain had slide windows. Some months later around 2013, since this time in germany you can get slide windows, from Nissan in new cars.
They are useful during camping in the car, because of window movement without 12 V and key, only by hand, in the middle of the night. If you go away from the car, everytime all the year, you have to close or control these windows (extra) by hand.
Regards Helmut

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are a number of places in UK that do them. A pair of fixed, tinted windows fitted usaly costs around £300. Opening windows cost a lot more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered mine from van pumps paid around £140 for both fixed windows (supply only) in privacy tint (not film)
There are two main places on ebay that will fit, one is in kendal the other in Essex
I will be.fitting.mine.next couple of weeks will upload a few pics when done

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. I'm looking and the van pimps opening ones, £300 for the set.
Don't fancy a DIY fit - I'm happy to do most things, but the windows need to be spot on. Would love to see how you get on!
Essex & Kendal are far too far away so see what local quotes I get, just looking for benchmark.
Good luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Happy New Year!

Now less than 2 months til I collect my Tekna from FJ Chalke.
They told me about a previous Wilts based customer who had side windows fitted, and are going to get details to me.

Also told me the rear glaze pack I ordered is clear not privacy.
So I'm going to have to have those tinted to match side windows when I get them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep me informed! :)
Look forward to hearing about yours - just make sure you leave mine alone! It should be there.
Have you heard anything regarding delivery date or delays?
We've not so hoping all in order.

There is a windows installer in Trowbrdige and also a window tinter. So I'll be doing the same, so will keep you advised.

I'm going out of the country soon so may not respond, but will speak when back

·
Registered
59 Posts
No news about any delays.
As we're both holding out til March for collection, I think we're waiting til well over the expected after-ordering lead time.
So fingers crossed no probs.

The window installer FJ C are talking about could well be the Trowbridge one.
Be nice to find one a bit more local to me in RWB.
But happy to travel to someone with good price & reputation.

Have a good trip! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you have any luck with getting/sourcing opening side window for Nissan NV200? Not sure who/what to trust as I am retired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, how did it go with the sliding side windows on your van? Would love to get these for my eNV200 - minor problem I have to overcome - international shipping without breakage... look forward to hearing - seeing a photo please.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've not heard back from the garage that's supplying my van next month, but I will chase them for info about the window fitter in Wilts.

I saw MrNV200 posted photos of his fitted windows in another thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi
After talking myself out of doing them myself ( I bottled it) I had my local body shop cut the doors out for me then engaged a local car window fitter (who did work for said body shop and came recommended by them) to bond them in. He only charged me £20 to fit the glass for both windows including materials.
Not sure what I was charged to them cut out as I paid to have the bumpers/windows and the plastic trim above the number plate colour coded at the same time
I got my windows from van pimps and we're REALLY well packaged full of expanding foam etc , they were stained windows not film . I know vanpimps sell the sliding windows aswell because active campers is looking to fit them also
Good luck
Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi
Still not heard back from FJC about the Wiltshire based window fitter that a previous customer used.

I have found these guys thou , in Gloucester.
http://www.vanglaze.co.uk/

Very quick response to my quote request.

Thank you for your enquiry. Please find below our prices to fit glass to your vehicle.
Supply and fit Front fixed glass - £169.00 + vat each - Privacy
Supply and fit Front Half Sliding glass - £259.00 + vat each - Privacy
Supply and fit Rear fixed glass - £179.00 + vat each – Privacy
Supply and fit Rear Tailgate glass - £209.00 + vat – Privacy
Supply and fit Rear Barn Door glass - £249.00 + vat per pair - Privacy
All above prices are based on fitting in our GLOUCESTER depot, cutting of panels, inner mouldings and bonding kits.

How do those prices compare to others ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems a tad expensive
seer http://www.vanwindowsdirect.co.uk/view-product/NV200-os-front-fixed-bonded-side-window-in-privacy£
£140 fitted inc vat compared to your 169+vat
Or £246 for opening one fitted inc vat

I'm hoping for £300 bits http://www.vanpimps.co.uk/product/n...opening-windows-free-fitting-kit-worth-40-00/
and what, 2hrs per side?

Watch this space.

We opted for factory fit rear barn class at £150 that includes mirror, heated, wash wipe and mesh bulkhead (mnust vbe worth £150+ on ebay!) and will tint the windows to match.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great. look forward to your price!
I'm back in UK on Monday and will phone my contact and get a price as had sod all response on emaik.
I may get our van before you then as FJC gave me reg number an hour ago and we plan to collect wed or thur pending sorting insurance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any thoughts on looks / practicalities / anything else,
of having one privacy window on each side, in the sliding door ??
Van colour is grey.

·
Registered
59 Posts
FJC gave me reg number too. Feels very real now :)
I didnt think they were getting delivery themselves until monday.
So presumably vans are arriving pre registered.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts