NV200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Engine 90?
Are you are talking about 1,5Dci and its 90hv version or what?
If that,90hv version is simple and ok for "normal people" who dont want to be a "truck driver" with lots of gears.
Dont understand that idea,nearly every year more and more gears in manual and automatic transmission.
Why,gasoline costs/mpg and noise as high as 5speed transmission models and who wants to shift up and down all time?
Stange thing is the more power engine has,more gears needed!
If there really are more power&torque more you need less gears!
In 60"s and 70"s even the most powerful USA muscle V8 machines has 2-3 speed automatic(idiotproof) or 3-4 speed manual(simple&strong) and those machines has much more real power&torque than normal 4cylinder diesel/gasoline engines now...and you can drive highest gear in town or highway with low or high rpm...
You who have driven or have one know what iam talking about=)
So,if you want Engine "110" and 6speed,you like shifting up/down or have heavy load and want pay more money of that 6speed.
Lets wait year or two so we get 7speed...and more problems because those transmissions must be as light,small and economical+cheap to made.
You certain have heard those big problems with those modern automatic transmissions,max 100 tkm and thats it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
110 version is better if you do a lot of motorway driving. If you are just doing short runs around a city then 90 is better\cheaper

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interestingly the dealer today said the 90 is the one to go for if you don't drive that fast. We don't (in a van). Quite surprised he said that as when we buy it'll be "to build" and not a stock item, so not trying to sell stock. Its only £500 or so in it, but he said the 90 was less stressed and fast enough.
Not sure what the differences are to make the 110ps - but if its stronger pump, higher precsion injectors, bigger more complex turbo then I guess its under more strain.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my 110 last weekend. After 2 months with the 90 , what a difference. It is so much quieter at 50 miles an hour. I quickly gave up trying to talk/shout in the 90 at 50mph. Now the wife is asleep in 10 minutes so I still have no one to talk to.
It now comes with an alarm and better seats.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wonder if the seats and alarm are now standard? there should be no trim difference between the 90 and 110.
didn't want to wait for a 16 plate?
re my post above I'm lead to believe the 110 has a VNT rather than a wastegate, and different fuel pump and injectors
My experience of the transit 100/125 which has the same differences (if my info is correct) says the 125 (nv200 110) is much more refined, smoother, quieter. But, if there is a problem 5-10y down the line it can be v expensive to fix. The transit 100 is much better known and simpler.
That's my logic for getting the 90 over the 110, No experience of this engine but thought simpler and most common = easier.

with VNT - thrash it frequently and use the turbo in "all positions" as VNT can stick after a few years = £££££
google tdci turbo issues.....

Looking forward to getting ours (albeit slower and noisier!)

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 110 version is much quieter than the 90 that I had. The mpg is starting to increase now the engine is loosening up but still not as good as the 90. I prefer driving this to my avensis, is is much quicker and easier to park. The new seats are much more comfortable than the old ones. I found the old seats too short in the back.
It goes to have the poptop and windows fitted next week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts