NV200 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I guess you already understood my question, it is about tpms on nv200 2015, all tire have exact air psi according to small sticker shown on side of vehicle. However, the light stay ON. I used an obdll scanner and delete the tpms code many time since last month but it come back again as soon I move the vehicle. I really need to solve this issue without seeing a mechanic. Thanks for any good trick, tips or solution.
-p.-s. there is no tpms reset button on this vehicle, google search says the light is supposed to disappear as soon as the tire have the right psi, but it is not happening in my case.:cry:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Define "fine". What pressures are your tires at?

First step. Pump up all tires to at leat 45-48psi. Make it idiot proof and go to 48-50 all around. Then drive it around the block. If light stays on then you probably have a bad sensor, no sensors, etc...
Over inflated tire(s) will throw a tpms light too. I had a someone fill a tire to 60psi and wonder why the light was still on...

Did you test all your sensors? Have you had tires swapped over recently? What did you do before this happened? New wheels?
Are you running the original wheels and 6 year old tpms sensors?
Unless you have a tool that can read tpms sensors you're pretty much sol.
If you find a bad one(sure), then what are you gonna do? You'll have to buy a new sensor. Then depending on the type of sensor you buy, you can either register that new sensor id into the tpms module and re-register the other 3 as well or you can clone the new sensor to the id-number of the failed sensor. Then you won't have to access the tpms module, just change the id number on the clone-able sensor, install it in the wheel and you're good to go. I have an auteq tpms tool for programming/cloning new sensors. Can do pretty much any sensor other than autel which has their own proprietary tmps tool you have to use with their sensors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your answer,
the pressure is what is indicated on the sticker i dont remember exactly.
i will try to overflate all the tire and see if it solve the issue,
i beleive the sensors are around 6 years old.
i dont have any tool to test the tpms,
i have the obdii scanner blue driver but it doesnt show the tmps things...
i am pretty sure the problem is with the sensor not the battery because dead battery will not show tire sign in dashboard i think. i will see what happen with over flate tire.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you're in the Edmonton area I could at least test the sensors for you. See if they're actually working and what pressures they're showing.

Any tire shop should be able to do the same for you, hard to say if anyone would do it for free. It only takes 5 mins.

Don't over inflate too much. I wouldn't go past 50, over inflating can throw that same tpms light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts