NV200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NV200 is less than 3 months old and I have 3 dented wheels!
I think it's because of the low profile tires. Yes, it was potholes but they weren't that big!
It's just the outer edge of the wheel bent out a little. One wheel has two dents and two other wheels have one dent.

http://simpletire.com/hercules-205-70r15c-65904-tires

Tire Rack sells rims with the pressure sensors in it and not too bad on price.
I just bought a garage quality tire changer and spin balancer because tire shops are refusing to mount anything that isn't the original size for the vehicle.

John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey, can you take some before and after photos of your van?
Will you adjust the new rim offset for the wider tires, to what?

You said you already bought the tire machine, good to have but couldn't you have just asked a shop to mount and balance the tires and rims and not install them, that way they would not have to know what vehicle they are going on?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I go through a lot of motorcycle tires in a year so the tire machine will be used for other things.
The rims that Tire Rack offer come with the correct offset. Tires I want are only marginally wider and the rims will be 1 inch wider, don't the the offset will be an issue.
The tires are 2 inches larger outside diameter so 1 inch farther out from center and there is more than enough clearance in the fenderwells.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Post pics when you get it all set up.

As far as I know, Discount tire will install alternate wheels on your vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts